Beginning July 7, the Indian Lake Community Farmers Market (ILCFM) will be open every Saturday, from 10 AM to 2 PM, through September 22, at the Indian Central School lawn, Route 28.
The Market Steering Committee’s goals are to provide fresh, healthy and affordable food to residents and visitors, provide a venue for local farmers and vendors to sell their products and to assist the Town of Indian Lake in revitalizing the Main Street. Planned weekly market activities will include music, entertainment, health and safety education, community organizations and local businesses, demonstrations and artisans/crafters.
Featured weekly will be regional farmers, bakers, maple syrup producers and “Made in the Adirondacks” artisans and crafters and local real estate. “The market is a great opportunity to bring fresh, affordable and healthy food to our community,” said committee chairs, Brenda Valentine and Taff Fitterer.
2018 market vendors include: (additional vendors expected)
• Hope Valley Farm – Vegetables, herbs, garlic scapes, pesto, annual and perennial plants
• Blackberry Hill Farm and Sanctuary – Organically grown vegetables and herbs, organically raised chickens and turkeys and eggs, non-gmo heritage breed pork
• H’arts for Home – Organic whole grain breads, cookies, gluten free baked goods, fruit jams, energy bars, muffins, roasted and seasoned mixed nuts, snack and drink mixes, dehydrated dog treats and hand crafted items
• Dawn’s Delights, Home Baked Goods – pies, cakes, cookies, brownies, crumb cakes, loaf breads, cheesecakes, fresh salsa and authentic Italian pasta sauce
• Homemade Quits and Crafts – jams, jellies, candy, maple syrup products and quilts
• Norm Gerber – Over 17,000 “Made in the Adirondacks ” hand tied fly fishing accessories: dry and wet flies, caddies, stone flies, bead head nymphs, wooly buggers and streamers
B. Dazzled – Beaded jewelry designs
• Made in the Adirondacks Arts & Crafts – Quilts, pillows, pot holders, towels and throws
• Greg Prine – Birch Bark frames, small tables, plant stands and book shelves
• Kurr Flowers – Locally grown flowers
• Howard Hanna Real Estate – local real estate listings and information
• Reflexology – Personal applications to promote relaxation and reduce stress
Individuals interested in volunteering to serve on the Indian Lake Farmers Market Steering Committee, become a market vendor or participant or for information, can contact the Committee at 518-648-5636 or email@example.com