The minutes are available below and under the ‘Minutes’ tab
On January 20 of 2016 the ILCDC meeting hosted Jim McKenna of the Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism (ROOST). The meeting was open to the public and was attended by many guests. Jim’s presentation focused on visitor trends and results of the 2014 Leisure Travel Information Study and how it pertains to Indian Lake and Hamilton County. His presentation is attached. For further information about ROOST please see http://www.roostadk.com
The ILCDC met on November 18, 2015 during which:
- A new mission statement was approved – “The Indian Lake Community Development Corporation (ILCDC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to commercial and residential revitalization and growth in the Town of Indian Lake, New York.” This will be added to the ILCDC web site
- On behalf of the Antique Auction committee, Bob Armstrong thanks all who participated – especially Craig at the Pig II Deli for his generosity with the dinners. Please continue to patronize him! We decided to discontinue the Auction since the funds raised did not balance the effort to put it on. Other fundraising ideas were discussed including a “Cooking Show”. If you have any other ideas, please let us know!!
- Aaron Gadway announced he is stepping down from the Antique Show Committee and we are seeking a replacement for him. His shoes will be hard to fill, but if you are interested, please let us know!
- Snocade is coming up and Sally reported some economies for advertising which she suggested we use in partnership with other agencies and organizations.
- ROOST is re-designing and maintaining the Chamber of Commerce web site and will be asked to add our organizational listings which the Communications Committee has been working on.
- The Main Street Revitalization Committee has been hard at work on a Main Street grant application which should be announced soon. Brenda reported the committee is working with Development Authority of the North Country to prepare for an informational workshop for town lodging business owners during coming year. The committee has also been working with the Town of Indian Lake and the Chazen Co. on the upcoming Comprehensive Plan. Brenda will update us on progress.
- The Town Map is being updated and sales of ads are being solicited. This is our third bi- annual edition of the map!
- This just in…The Main Street Revitalization Committee has secured a grant totaling $200,000 to help our effort to help brighten the face of Indian Lake!! Congratulations to Brenda for her efforts.
The Indian Lake CDC held it’s very first annual meeting, 2015 ILCDC First Annual Membership Meeting Minutes