The Indian Lake Community Development Corporation is in need of additional members for the Board of Directors. We would like to add 2-3 more interested people to our board. We are also in need of a secretary since Marti Evanoff will be stepping down from that position in July.
Our meeting schedule is posted on the web site – under the tab ‘Meeting Schedule’.
Economic Development Strategies from 2011
- Workforce Education: In Progress – to be facilitated by OneWorkSource Career Center with help of Hamilton County Workforce Investment Board.
- Marketing to attract new businesses: In progress and needs revision – Branding Group working on this but think we need a component to also attract residents to move here.
- Business Education: In Progress / needs revision: ILCC and Library can revitalize this offering. Bring in AEDC for Business development and growth.
- Improved infrastructure – cell, broadband, DSL: Cell tower completed; Others in progress- what’s the status of the Hamilton County broadband grant for $17,000?
- Strengthen home based business: In progress. ADK teleworks making some headway; need to cultivate the home based businesses to realize they are also teleworkers. Idea: look into what programs ANCA may have in place for helping ADK artisans, etc.
- Distance Learning: In Progress- ILCS has DL room and we think they could use another; there is funding for this through USDA Rural Communities Distance Learning grants.Respectfully submitted by Ann Carroll, Bill Murphy and Christine Pouch – The ABC team